Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Winter Blues...

Winter is here! The mornings stay dark forever...the cold forces you indoors more...and the sun seems to show its smiling face less often.

But it doesn't have to be all that bad. Yes, winter forces us indoors more, but we can use this extra time for redesigning and flooding our homes with color. Color has an amazing power to change our outlook and mood! Now is the time to surround ourselves with the warm and inviting colors of the more 'pleasant' seasons. Simple changes throughout the house can make a big difference. Change the color of the pillows on your chairs & couches. Swap your comforters or curtains! For those industrious ones, choose a new color for your bedroom or your children's rooms. Rearrange existing furniture and put up bright new wall art and you will be surprised at how 'different' the room will feel.

Thankfully, I have found my passion in painting with bright cheery colors and creating artwork with fun personality. This seems to lighten my mood and calm my Winter Blues!:)

Happy Winter everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I am too busy for the blues , as much as I like to sing the blues. I do love my bright colored butterfly you painted me and Nancy. Now if I could just get on my bicycle and ride.

    ReplyDelete